This page lists newsletters (and other similar resources) which relate to mental health and capacity law.
39 Essex Chambers
- Browne Jacobson, 'MCA and DOLS Update Webinar' (April 2013). This webinar covers balancing best interest decisions with allocation of limited resources, looks at 3 MCA cases (on marriage, sterilisation and medical futility), and reviews the latest law on what a deprivation of liberty is.
- Mark Barnett, 'Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty safeguards case law update - February 2016' (Browne Jacobson webinar, 26/2/16)†. This webinar covers three cases: (1) Birmingham City Council v D  EWCOP 8,  MHLO 5, which looks at whether parental consent is enough to authorise a deprivation of liberty of a 16 year old; (2) North Yorkshire County Council v MAG (on appeal from North Yorkshire County Council v MAG  EWCOP 64,  MHLO 69), a decision on the extent of the Court’s powers and choosing from available options; (3) WBC v Z , a case concerning the fine line between unwise decisions and lack of capacity.
- Ben Troke, 'Court of Protection and deprivation of liberty update - a "perfect storm" coming?' (Browne Jacobson website, 15/12/16)†
37 Park Square
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 8, May 2013)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 9, June/July 2013)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 10, 14/10/13)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 11, 23/12/13)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 12, May 2004) - link will be replaced shortly
Peter Edwards Law
- Aasya Mughal and Steven Richards, 'Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Case Law Summary 2015-17' (November 2017 edition, 22/11/17)
Samantha Bangham, 'Samantha Bangham's month in cases October 2013' (Family Law website, 30/10/13). Court of Protection cases.