MCA s67 text
Minor and consequential amendments and repeals
67.—(1) Schedule 6 contains minor and consequential amendments.
(2) Schedule 7 contains repeals.
(3) The Lord Chancellor may by order make supplementary, incidental, consequential, transitional or saving provision for the purposes of, in consequence of, or for giving full effect to a provision of this Act.
(4) An order under subsection (3) may, in particular-
- (a) provide for a provision of this Act which comes into force before another provision of this Act has come into force to have effect, until the other provision has come into force, with specified modifications;
- (b) amend, repeal or revoke an enactment, other than one contained in an Act or Measure passed in a Session after the one in which this Act is passed.
(5) The amendments that may be made under subsection (4)(b) are in addition to those made by or under any other provision of this Act.
(6) An order under subsection (3) which amends or repeals a provision of an Act or Measure may not be made unless a draft has been laid before and approved by resolution of each House of Parliament.
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.