Mental Health Bill 2006
The Bill was given Royal Assent on 19 July 2007: see Mental Health Act 2007.
The Mental Health Bill was presented to Parliament on Thursday 16 November 2006. The following related documents have also been published:
- Explanatory Notes
- Regulatory Impact Assessment
- Race Equality Impact Assessment
- (Amended) Code of Practice and Memorandum
- Summary guide
- Easy read
- Briefing sheets
- Mental Health Act 1983 as it will be amended by the Bill
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 as it will be amended by the Bill
Department of Health Website - for the documents mentioned above
Parliament website - Proposed amendments to Bill, debates etc.