MHA 1983 s17G
Revision as of 18:02, 23 November 2008 by Jonathan
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
- Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983, 15. Supervised Community Treatment [Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide][Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide]
- Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983, 15. Supervised Community Treatment [Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide]
Effect of revoking community treatment order
[17G.—(1) This section applies if a community treatment order is revoked under section 17F above in respect of a patient.
(2) Section 6(2) above shall have effect as if the patient had never been discharged from hospital by virtue of the community treatment order.
(3) The provisions of this or any other Act relating to patients liable to be detained (or detained) in pursuance of an application for admission for treatment shall apply to the patient as they did before the community treatment order was made, unless otherwise provided.
(4) If, when the order is revoked, the patient is being detained in a hospital other than the responsible hospital, the provisions of this Part of this Act shall have effect as if—
- (a) the application for admission for treatment in respect of him were an application for admission to that other hospital; and
- (b) he had been admitted to that other hospital at the time when he was originally admitted in pursuance of the application.
(5) But, in any case, section 20 below shall have effect as if the patient had been admitted to hospital in pursuance of the application for admission for treatment on the day on which the order is revoked.]