MHA 1983 s146
Changes made by Mental Health Act 2007
- New cross-border arrangements for leave and transfer 3/11/08
- Supervised Community Treatment replaces Supervised Discharge 3/11/08
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Application to Scotland
146. Sections 42(6), 80, [...] [...] 116, [...] [...], 137, 139(1), [...] 142, 143 (so far as applicable to any Order in Council extending to Scotland) and 144 above shall extend to Scotland together with any amendment or repeal by this Act of or any provision of Schedule 5 to this Act relating to any enactment which so extends; but, except as aforesaid and except so far as it relates to the interpretation or commencement of the said provisions, this Act shall not extend to Scotland.
- Mental Health Act 2007 s39 & sch 5, s55 & sch 11; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 9) Order 2008 wef 28/10/08. The amendment does not apply to Scotland
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 s67, sch 7
- Health and Social Care Act 2012 s41; Health and Social Care Act 2012 (Commencement No.4, Transitional, Savings and Transitory Provisions) Order 2013/160 art 2 (1/4/13) (removal of '122,')
- Mental Health Act 2007 s55 & sch 11; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 6 and After-care under Supervision: Savings, Modifications and Transitional Provisions) Order 2008 wef 3/11/08. The amendment does not apply to Scotland
- Mental Health (Discrimination) Act 2013 sch 1 para 1 (28/4/13) (removal of '141,')
The following words are repealed by s77(2), sch 2 Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 wef 3/11/08. (In England & Wales the same sets of words have been repealed by the MHA 2007 and MCA 2005 respectively.)
- In section 146, the words from “88” to “138)” and the words from “128” to “guardianship)”.