MCA 2005 s8
Revision as of 13:39, 16 December 2006 by Jonathan
8.—(1) If an act to which section 5 applies involves expenditure, it is lawful for D-
- (a) to pledge P's credit for the purpose of the expenditure, and
- (b) to apply money in P's possession for meeting the expenditure.
(2) If the expenditure is borne for P by D, it is lawful for D-
- (a) to reimburse himself out of money in P's possession, or
- (b) to be otherwise indemnified by P.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not affect any power under which (apart from those subsections) a person-
- (a) has lawful control of P's money or other property, and
- (b) has power to spend money for P's benefit.
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.