MHA 1983 s65
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
- Organisation of Mental Health Review Tribunal changed 3/11/08 (partially)
In practice this section now only applies to the Mental Health Review Tribunal for Wales. The Mental Health Tribunal in England is governed by the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007; see also the First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal (Chambers) Order 2008.
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
- Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983, 20. Tribunals [Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide] — paragraph 20.3
- Mental Health Act 1983 Code Of Practice for England, 32. The Tribunal
Mental Health Review [Tribunal for Wales]
65.—[(1) There shall [be a Mental Health Review Tribunal for Wales.]
(2) The provisions of Schedule 2 to this Act shall have effect with respect to the constitution of [the Mental Health Review Tribunal for Wales].
(3) Subject to the provisions of Schedule 2 to this Act, and to rules made by the Lord Chancellor under this Act, the jurisdiction of [the Mental Health Review Tribunal for Wales] may be exercised by any three or more of its members, and references in this Act to a Mental Health Review Tribunal shall be construed accordingly.
[(4) The Welsh Ministers may pay to the members of the Mental Health Review Tribunal for Wales such remuneration and allowances as they may determine, and defray the expenses of that tribunal to such amount as they may determine, and may provide for that tribunal such officers and servants, and such accommodation, as that tribunal may require.]