MHA 1983 s120C
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
[Provision of information
120C.—(1) This section applies to the following persons—
- (a) the managers of a hospital within the meaning of Part 2 of this Act;
- (b) a local social services authority;
- (c) persons of any other description prescribed in regulations.
(2) A person to whom this section applies must provide the regulatory authority with such information as the authority may reasonably request for or in connection with the exercise of its functions under section 120.
(3) A person to whom this section applies must provide a person authorised under section 120 with such information as the person so authorised may reasonably request for or in connection with the exercise of functions under arrangements made under that section.
(4) This section is in addition to the requirements of section 120(7)(c).
(5) “Information” includes documents and records.
(6) “Regulations” means regulations made—
- (a) by the Secretary of State, in relation to England;
- (b) by the Welsh Ministers, in relation to Wales.]