MHA 1983 s114ZA
Mental Health Act 2007
- This section is not changed by the Mental Health Act 2007.
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Approval of courses: England
[114ZA.—(1) The Health and Care Professions Council may approve courses for persons who are, or wish to become, approved to act as approved mental health professionals by a local social services authority whose area is in England.
(2) The Council must publish a list of—
- (a) the courses which are approved under this section, and
- (b) the courses which have been, but are no longer, approved under this section and the periods for which they were so approved.
(3) The functions of an approved mental health professional are not to be considered to be relevant social work for the purposes of Part 4 of the Care Standards Act 2000.
(4) Where the function under subsection (1) is, in accordance with the Health and Social Work Professions Order 2001, exercisable by a committee of the Council, the committee may arrange for another person to exercise the function on the Council's behalf.]