DAC Beachcroft, Leeds - Healthcare Regulatory Solicitor (listed until 8/6/18)
Associate (4+ PQE) – Healthcare Regulatory, Leeds
- Handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- A Solicitor with experience in Health and Social care law - with a minimum 4yrs PQE.
- Advocacy experience would be an advantage.
Experience of some or all of the following:
- Coronial law
- Mental health law
- Mental Capacity Act/DOLS/CoP
- Public Law
- Strong client relationship skills and potential for further development
- Highly motivated individual to fit into a responsive team providing excellence in service to our health and social care clients.
- An individual able to demonstrate commitment and flexibility of working, to help satisfy high levels of urgent advice and responsiveness.
As leading advisers in the health and social care sector we are regularly instructed in ground breaking and high profile cases. The Healthcare Regulatory team provide legal advice, legal updates and training to internal and external clients in the firm's health and social care sector on regulatory issues, healthcare law, information governance, inquests, CQC inspections and enforcement, professional disciplinary, performers list advice and representation, serious incidents, domestic homicide inquiries, criminal investigations, mental health, patient care issues, Human Rights Act issues, and clinical and corporate governance. We provide strategic advice to clients across the public and independent sector throughout health and social care providers and commissioners.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
For further details, click this link for further details.